Ted Erho rejoined HMML as a Cataloger of Ethiopic Manuscripts in 2020, having previously served as Research Fellow in Ethiopian Manuscript Studies from 2012 to 2018. Concurrently, he has occupied research positions in the Faculty of Protestant Theology at the University of Munich.
He also held a number of research and teaching assistantships at Trinity Western University, Langley, B.C., Canada, where he earned a BA and MA in Biblical Studies.
Erho has been widely published and has presented at conferences in North America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
At HMML Erho works closely with the Eastern Christian cataloging team and metadata librarian to continue cataloging collection items from Ethiopia, a region that that was HMML’s first project with Eastern Christian manuscripts and its first in Africa.
What he enjoys most about his work: “Finding things that no one else knows about.”
Stories by Ted Erho
- Ḫeruy Walda Śellāsē’s “History of Ethiopia”
- Between the Sun and Moon
- A Tribute to Getatchew Haile (1931–2021)
- Parabiblical Literature in the Horn of Africa
- Postscript — Syriac Apocalypse of Daniel
- The Emperor’s Manuscript
- Medicine, Ritual, and Magic in Ethiopia
- Early Miniatures of Ethiopians
- Getatchew Haile, Ethiopic scholar