Over 400 Manuscripts And Fragments Added From The Oberösterreichische Landesbibliothek Repository In Linz, Austria
HMML microfilmed about 400 manuscripts and fragments at the Oberösterreichische Landesbibliothek (under its previous name: Bundesstaatliche Studienbibliothek in Linz) in the early 1970s. The library was founded in 1774 in the course of papal suppression of the Jesuits and monastic reforms of Emperor Joseph II. After many years at the Benedictine monastery of Kremsmünster, the collection was moved to Linz. Founded in 1774 – part of the closure of the Jesuits by the Pope and then through numerous monastery closures by Emperor Joseph II. Housed for many years in Kremsmünster. Significant volumes filmed there include a 12th-century Gospel book, a 14th-century copy of the Christherre-Chronik (with hundreds of miniatures) and a 15th-century Historienbibel (or Biblical paraphrase with additional stories), also highly illustrated. Much of the original collection has been digitized and links to the digital files at the State Library have been provided in the records in vHMML/Reading Room.