Abadía De Santo Domingo De Silos. Archivo: HMML Repository
Abadía de Santo Domingo de Silos. Archivo
17 manuscripts and 44 fragments were microfilmed by HMML, eight of which are Mozarabic manuscripts from the tenth and elventh century.
- Western European
- Santo Domingo de Silos
- Abadía de Santo Domingo de Silos. Archivo
- Project Codes
- Main Series
- Project Numbers
- Objects Preserved
- Active Catalog Records
- Microfilm Reels
- Date Preserved
- HMML Reading Room (first record)
- HMML Authority File
- Latin, Spanish
Justo Pérez de Urbel and Walter Whitehill, "Los manuscritos del Real Monasterio de Santa Domingo de Silos," Boletín de la Real Academia de la Historia 95 (1929): 521-601.
Julian Plante, Checklist of Manuscripts Microfilmed for the Hill Museum & Manuscript Library, vol. 2, Spain, pt. 1 (1978).
- Preservation Status
- Cataloging Status
Located South of Burgos, the Benedictine Abbey of Santo Domingo de Silos was originally founded in 954 and refounded in 104l by Santo Dominigo of Silos, who instituted a scriptorium in his monastery. Suppressed in 1833 and its library dispersed, the monastery was reoccupied in 1880 by Benedictine monks belonging to the Congregation of Solesmes. Of the twenty medieval literary manuscripts belonging to the library, HMML microfilmed seventeen manuscripts and forty-four fragments. Eight of the seventeen manuscripts date to the eleventh century and earlier.