Cistercienserabtei (Mehrerau). Archiv - HMML Repository

Cistercienserabtei (Mehrerau). Archiv

Mehrerau lies on the edge of Bregenz (Austria) and originated as an early foundation by Saint Columbanus in the 7th c., which later became Benedictine (1097-1806). After it was closed in 1806, the collection was dispersed or destroyed. In 1854 the monastery reopened as a Cistercian house, which has built a small collection of liturgical manuscripts, necrologies and chronicles. HMML filmed 17 manuscripts dated from the 13th to the 18th c.